Applications Due – October 1, 2019.
Good news this year: The maximum award amount has increased from $3,000 to $5000.
Please be conscientious with your request, however. Do not automatically request our maximum.
Additionally, investigate what we will/will not fund as indicated below & in our indirect cost policy.
Does your aquarium or zoological facility need funding assistance with equipment purchases or capital expenditure for sea otters? Consider our grants.
Our Indirect Cost Policy:
Awardee report documents:
Who can apply for our grants?
- Zoological facilities caring for sea otters with funding designated specifically to sea otters
- Sea otter based educational organizations, agencies and groups
- Universities conducting specific sea otter research
- Sea otter oriented educational or conservation campaigns
- K-12 schools with students interested in studying the sea otter
- Applicants with a sea otter specific program
We do not fund:
- General operating expenditures such as, but not limited to, salaries, insurance, rent and/or utility expenses
- Travel and/or accommodations to study specific sea otter populations
- Living expenses or stipends
- Events and sponsorships
- Fundraising and/or marketing initiatives
For questions regarding whether your program or request will fulfill our requirements or if you would be considered for funding, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive the application via e-mail, send a request to email@example.com.