Announcing Grant Awards for sea otter science, conservation & education
Proudly funding and working with these organizations and universities to bring about change for sea otters and sea otter habitat.
- Alaska SeaLife Center: sea otter nursery improvements & medical equipment for sea otter rehabilitative care
- Seattle Aquarium: studying Microplastics in sea otter feces & food-potential impacts on otter health
- Research studies from these university graduate students:
- Kyle Shanebeck, University of Alberta, Investigating sea otter inflammatory response to intestinal parasites
- Richard Grewelle, Stanford University; Development of a test to determine the presence of a pathogen in southern sea otters
- Sophia Lyon, University of San Francisco, Investigating southern sea otter ecology in the California northern range